Are there any legitimate work-at-home businesses that don't involve too much selling? I'm currently at home with my son, but finances are very tight and I would like to make some kind of income.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 ½ year old son, and 22 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!

Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    Get to know our Team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 4:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The pp is not free. You have to pay a fee to start and a monthly fee. That where all the training comes from. Nothing is free.
    Anonymous

• Actually Barefoot Books is free to join and you get a free website! You have the option of buying stock and doing home parties or just marketing your website! If you are interested, let me know. I'd be happy to help you get started on my team!

MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh. and all the training is free and there is no monthly requirements!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You can read my blog if you'd like at Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I agree with MrsMWF. That's one of the reasons I joined Barefoot Books.
    extremelibrary

Answer by extremelibrary at 5:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If you like cleaning you can clean houses. I used to clean houses on the weekend when my husband stayed home with the kids.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• https://my2scents.scentsy.us

Scentsy is an awesome company. I'm happy to help with any questions if you're interested!
    NicoR

Answer by NicoR at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do you have any skills that you could use to start your own business instead of working doing direct sales. Service businesses, especially, are very easy to set up and usually don't take much money.  All you really need is a website and business cards.

If you need help deciding what to do, feel free to join my business group.

MoversShakers

Answer by MoversShakers at 6:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011