whats worst fan in the winter or cigg smoke

i cant sleep with out my fan i sleep with it on all year round even when its 6 feet of snow the hubby gets mad because he thinks it made my 3 yr old sick today but i had the fan on her since she was a newborn and she use to it. she hasnt been sick since she was one years old and thats before she had tubes put in her ears. i tell him he needs to stop smoking in the living room at night cuz that smell travels and i think if anything its the smoke i cant wait to take her to the dr so he can tell him about smoking . he does not smoke around our child but the smell i think is still harmful

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• He needs to quit smoking in your home.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 4:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i agree the smell wakes me up out my sleep so i no she smells it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The smell of cigarette smoke alone is enough to make me nauseous so, yes the smell can make you sick. I too sleep with a fan year round and I don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as your little one is covered well.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• it might not have been the fan or the smoke, a number of things could have made her sick. but one thing that's agree-able is he shouldn't smoke inside, whether she's sleeping or not and even in a different room. outside is always the best place to do it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I think the ciggs are worse, simply becuase it is PROVEN to cause more problems and is it the SOUND of the fan or the actual air movement. I need a fan on to sleep but it is just the sound, so in the winter or when I am cold I turn the fan towards the wall so now I just have the sound and no air blowing on me.
    Momma_Forever

Answer by Momma_Forever at 5:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Cigarette smoke will cause illness in children before a fan will.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• A child gets sick from a virus not from having a fan on them during the winter. There are tons of things second hand smoke can cause, respiratory issues being one. Your husband needs to man up and either quit or go outside.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011