I'm so tired :( How can I get through this?

I'm a junior in college...I'm 8 weeks pregnant and the past few days have been terrible :( I'm so tired I literally have to force myself to get out of bed. I am taking 21 credit hours and working part time...I have to work while in school so that I can pay for my apartment and save money for baby stuff and I pay my own insurance, car payment and everything of course. I have no one to help me...all of my family except my aunt is in Russia and my Aunt have disowned me because I got pregnant out of wedlock (he was my first and he left me, had sex with me ONE time...left me and now I'm alone with this) and I just don't know how I'm gonna do this...especially after the baby comes :( I have to keep taking as many classes as I am so that I can graduate a little earlier, otherwise I'd cut down hours but I can't.

What can I do to help my energy level?

menko21

Asked by menko21 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you plan on keeping the baby you will have to get some prenatal vitamins for added nutrition and take in more calories than you would if you weren't. You are now eating for not only yourself, but a baby. A good diet enriched in nutritious foods will help you feel less tired because your body will have the energy it needs to function.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The good news is, once you hit second trimester, you won't be quite as sleepy. I can't say the same for the 3rd trimester, bit at least for a few weeks you'll feel better. Just make sure you get as much sleep as possible, take naps when you can (even for 10 minutes if that's all the time you have), and eat healthily!! Especially breakfast! You might have to put minimal effort into your schoolwork, enough that things get done well, because you won't do yourself any good without enough rest. Your baby needs you to be at your best, especially now! :) You can do it!
    lefultz87

Answer by lefultz87 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Other then not having anyone i know what your going through i go to school and i work full time. i wake up at 6:00am get ready then drive a hour to school, class until 2:00, drive back, then i go to work from 4:00 - 12:00. the good news is though you'll start getting your energy back in the second trimester. im 13 weeks and i have had my energy back for a few weeks. theres still those days like today where im wore out but i suck it up and try to get on with my day. so just give it time and everything will get better :)
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011