what's for dinner tonight?

i took chicken out this morning but i have no idea what im doing with it :( im tired of chicken & yellow rice and the other usual things i do with it!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Homemade chicken and pasta (chicken and dumplings), I just call it pasta, cause I make homemade pasta. Made it a few weeks ago, and hubby and my younger son loved it. I have to say, it was really awesome!
    Oh, and biscuits, too.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Probably burgers and onion rings. Saving the stew for tomorrow since it take hours to cook.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• spaghetti and meatballs
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• tuna casserole in the crockpot with almost all substituted ingredients because we are broke. apple juice instead of chicken broth and one of two cans of cream of soup and milk lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm making a roast chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm making Reuben sandwiches (with leftover corned beef from last night's dinner), German potato salad and apple crisp.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Here's an easy chicken dish for you:
    Easy Chicken Pot Pie
    3 chicken breasts,cooked
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1/2 can chicken broth or water
    1 can veg-all (optional) Frozen vegetables can also be used
    cook and de-bone chicken. Cube and place in 9 by 13 in casserole dish. Mix soup and broth or water and pour over chicken. Add veg-all if you want to.
    Crust:
    1 1/2 c. self rising flour
    1 1/2 c. buttermilk
    1 stick melted margarine
    2 c. chicken broth
    Mix together flour,buttermilk and margarine. Pour batter over chicken. pour broth over batter. Do Not Stir. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is golden brown. Can also be made ahead of time and reheated in microwave in single serve portions. If 13 by 9 inch pan is too much,divide evenly into 2 smaller pans. Bake 30 minutes and freeze for another time
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Cabbage and Lentil soup. I wanted to make it in the slow cooker, but that just didn't happen so now I will have to improvise and make it on the stove top.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Creamy and Quick Chicken Fettuccini Alfredo
    1 (8 oz.) package fresh mushrooms
    1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
    2 Tablespoons minced garlic
    1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
    1 (8 oz.) package fettuccini noodles
    3/4 cup sour cream
    3/4 cup mayonnaise
    3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
    6 chicken breasts grilled and sliced
    Begin to cook fettuccini as directed on package. Sauté mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil, add garlic, and cook another minute. Add cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Simmer sauce over very low heat, stirring occasionally until all is melted. Meanwhile, cook chicken on the grill or sauté in another skillet. Serve over fettuccini noodles and garnish with fresh parsley.
    Notes: When I’m using the grill, I like to cook ahead some chicken breasts to use later in the week. This is one of the recipes I like to use for that pre-cooked chicken. Rotisserie chicken can also be used.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Chicken & Green Bean Skillet
    1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
    1 pkg. (9 oz.) frozen cut green beans, thawed
    2 Tablespoons. water
    1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    3 cups hot cooked long-grain rice

Spray large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook and stir on medium-high heat 3 to 4 min. or until cooked through.
    Stir in beans and water. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Simmer 5 min. or until beans are tender.
    Add Velveeta and pepper; cook until Velveeta is completely melted, stirring frequently. Serve over the rice.
    Yield 6 servings, 1-1/2 cups each
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 4:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011