Have you ever thought about buying a Maytag washer? Do NOT do it!

Edited to add: This is mostly just a vent.  Please don't let my bad experience make you think you should never buy from these companies.  : )

It will stop working right after the store's 7 day lemon return policy is up so you can't return it. You will schedule an appointment for someone to come and fix it and then you will waste half the day waiting for them show up. But nobody will show up. So you will call cust. service and they will tell you that they don't make service calls in your area but they will schedule an appointment for two weeks later anyway. Then you find out that the so called warranty doesn't really cover anything anyway.

So, don't do it! Don't buy Maytag and don't buy it from Lowes!

DigiScrapperMom

Asked by DigiScrapperMom at 4:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think you may have just had a bad experience. I've never had any problems with Maytag. Sorry you are having such a tough time!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Wow. My mom's Maytag washer ran for 30 years!

Answer by gdiamante at 4:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• sorry you're having such a bad time with them! i have a maytag and i love it, no problems thus far! i bought the set used too.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My mom bought a Maytag as well and they've had nothing but problems w/ it. Must just be a few bad ones in the bunch.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If Lowes won't help you, give Maytag a call. They may not do anything either, but at least you'll have tried. You could even write a snail mail letter.

Answer by Bmat at 4:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I am sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. I like my Maytag.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 4:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My mom didn't like her maytag either. I bought Kenmore from Sears and it has lasted through 2 of my mom's more expensive brands.
    Anonymous

• Maytag like a lot of brands is not what it used to be. Most appliances are made in China now and the quality is not the same as when they were made in the US.
    confused969

Answer by confused969 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm sure the washer not working is just a fluke. But I am surprised by their poor customer service.
    DigiScrapperMom

Comment by DigiScrapperMom (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I've had my Maytag for over 6 years and still love it, sounds like you just got a bad machine. I woud call the company and talk with them.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011