If you were invited to a "Legislative Mixer"...

In the states capital, this is a black tie event of sorts, would you want to go in and meet the new reps and senators etc.? OR would you just stay home? I can think of some reasons to go, but not enough to actually do it lol. Whats your opinion on this?

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 4:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I just realized I transposed some letters... sorry for the mistake! lol

bjojola

Comment by bjojola (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would probably go, if I could afford it! I think that would be pretty neat.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 4:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I've been to one and it was incredibly boring.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm really considering the shin-dig they will have for Governor Perry. It will be a good old Tx BBQ and the tickets are around $10. I hear a lot of the celebrations will be downplayed.
    I doubt i'd ever go to a black tie event though. Just not me.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would go and remind them that they work for the people of this country, not the other way around. I would encourage them to read bills before they vote for them, to cut down on the pork, to read the Constitution frequently and in full since it is such a short document, and to get back home to their constituents as often as possible.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 5:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would like to go. I can't imagine that it would be boring. Unless you are used to only attending a "Rave". Or an Orgy....LOL. Holy moly. BORING?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• An orgy? jeez

I would probably go OP it might be interesting
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I might just go. Most of these people were just people on a stage. I like to get up close and do the meet and greet.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I suffered through a Governor's Christmas Party last month. The Gov is an ass and the place was full of self-important morons. The liquor was good though...kinda hard to enjoy knowing taxpayer dollars bought it though.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I usually go to these type of events, unless I can't get a sitter.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011