Why is it such a big problem?

This is a s/o from the Athiest moral question. Why do Christians have a problem with atheists? Why do you care that we don't believe in gods? Why do you feel the need to justify yourselves by spreading propaganda? Why can't you just live and let live?

beeky

Asked by beeky at 4:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why do Christians have a problem with atheists? it boggles some Christians minds, & some are flat out afraid that y'all will challenge their freedom to so. personally, i have no problem w/ Atheists.
    Why do you care that we don't believe in gods? again, it boggles their minds & i dont care.
    Why do you feel the need to justify yourselves by spreading propaganda? they dont see it as propaganda & they justify it by seeing that it bothers you. many Christians think they are making progress when an Atheist gets upset...they think their witnessing is "hitting your heart" & that any sign of defensiveness is God "fixing" you. at least thats how my little brother sees it (big eye roll there!). other Christians just want you to be as happy as they are & they dont know how you can be happy without the thing that makes them happy.
    Why can't you just live and let live? i do. why some cant is beyond me!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Two votes down for a joke. I am learning a lot today on this site. Religious intolerance is heavy here and it is not from the christians so far.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 4:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• How dare I have an opinion that does not align with yours NotPanicking.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 5:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Look, I don't want to get in an argument here, but I don't thing zebbie said anything that bad. You can go ahead and use all your vote downs on me if you please. In this thread right here, I think some comments were a little mean spirited and below the belt. A question was asked by the OP for all to answer. Let's let them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• The only decisons I control or care about are my own. Everyone has their reasons for choosing the religion they choose. If they are happy with it that's all that matters.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh, I have no idea why people think its any of their business or concern what someone else believes, unless they're insecure of their own faith and are afraid of Atheism "spreading" or something, getting a hold of their children, if you gwim, lol. It just doesn't make sense to me, though, why people are so obsessed about something so personal about other people - if only they'd put so much attention and effort into their own faith! ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• "But really I hope you have a safe and healthy life full of moral decisions. You are capable of that?"

Oh what a christian like response, dripping with disdain! LOL
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 4:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm a Christian, and I don't care what others believe. It's a never ending argument so I choose to let dead dogs lie.
    And I don't know anyone who worships satin, but I have heard of people who worship Satan. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thank you Musicmom. I am just answering questions. I will not argue and will step away from this question.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 5:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Good question. I have no idea. : )
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011