can anybody give me an estimate on how much gas,electric,water would cost me ?

let me explain
okay me and my husband are going to be moving soon we have never rented a home before we live with parents in the mean time...
i understand that prices vary in different states and citys, towns but just give me an example or even an estimate would be nice of

1. how much it would be to turn on gas, electric, water ?

2. with a home of just 2 adults how much would you think the monthly bill would come out to for gas, electric, water we are very price pinchers so we dont waste water and just forget using anything that uses lots of power we usally are very tight with keeping things low here at his mothers house so were not the type who run energy all day if your the same you must have an idea how much we would be paying monthy for all gas,water,electric .

thanks for the help

katally77

Asked by katally77 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• It usually doesn't cost anything to have it turned on unless they require a deposit, but I don't know what that would be. You could get the numbers and call them to see what you need to do. It might be best to get all of that in place before you do move in so it will all be changed over into your name, and out of the previous renters.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Use this to help you Cost of Living for the town you live in. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• thank you for your answers they both helped alot
    katally77

Comment by katally77 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We have a 1400 sq ft home. 2 adults, 1 toddler. I do cloth diaper so we do a bit more laundry, but the only difference I've noticed is $3 to the water bill. Our electric fluctuates with the weather. Water bill - $19, sewer bill - $39, electric - $163 (that was in Dec with heat set to 66 day 64 night). We live in SC. In the spring and fall our electric is just under $100. We don't have gas.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011