how would you cook the chicken?

although SweetLuci gave me some great recipes in my last question (thank you!) i noticed i have a jar of pesto sauce in my pantry and will probably cook some rotini noodles and toss them in the pesto. but not sure what i should do with the chicken. they are boneless skinless breasts - should i just sautee them in some olive oil and seasonings? or bread and bake? or cook in italian dressing? what would go best with pesto noodles? thanks!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Saute them, then slice & toss in the noodles with the pesto - like alfredo. Sounds yummy to me that way right now!
    Anonymous

• If you have enough of the pesto - I'd do packet chicken -pound the chicken flat so it's even thickness, salt and pepper each chicken breast, and then put it on a large piece of foil. Spread about a tablespoon of the pesto on top of the chicken, then fold the foil over and crimp it shut tight. Preheat the oven to 400 and it would take about 18-20 minutes (depending on the size of the chicken). If there's not enough sauce, you could do the same with Italian dressing or just a bit of olive oil and more seasoning.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• SweetLuci is the best, ain't she! I'm making her no fuss pork chop recipe today. The smell is amazing! As for your chicken, I made some bone-in chicken the other night, smeared pesto all over it and baked it. Maybe you can give it a whirl with your boneless chicken. Mine turned out very tasty.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'd saute the chicken with the pesto, some garlic and the toss the noodles into the chicken & pesto like in one big pan yum! & yeas sweetluci has some great recipes for sure.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011