Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

another custody question, please read

when someone dosent respond to child custody papers after their 30 days n u file for default i know that a letter is sent to the parent who didnt respond letting them know theres a default in process since he didnt respond but can he stop that default from going thru n the judge not signing my wishes ?

Answer Question

Asked by chriskris at 5:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 9 (285 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • These laws vary from state to state. Call your county attorney's office or the public defender's office and ask what the law is in the state where you live.

    Answer by NannyB. at 5:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • There is an awesome group on here. Custody Issues is the name. These ladies will help you. I'll warn you that it isn't a support group, they'll tell you like it is, not what you want to hear. But they are wonderful.

    Answer by Chris0110 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

  • chris0110 is right but be ready, many of them see a mother who wants to raise her own child and not want to share the mother role with a SM as a near criminal offense.

    Answer by JLS2388 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.