How do some of you wives out get along with mother-in-laws.

SHe has yelled at me for my husband bill. Took my baby out of my arms and NOW I dont speak to her. Unless she speaks to me. And it is usually short answers.

country_momgirl

Asked by country_momgirl at 5:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Get along without? You make it sound like a bad thing. Hell, no MIL? That's my dream come true!
    Anonymous

• I actually get along with my mother-in-law. She's terminally ill so we're upset that she might not be here when our baby is born in July. :(
    heatherboo26

Answer by heatherboo26 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh ho ho I read it wrong. Eh, either way. My answer answers your question LOL
    Anonymous

• My mil passed away last year. I got along better with her than some of my own family. I feel lucky when I listen to some of the inlaw horrors on here.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• this wife doesn't! well maybe i would if i were a bit more submissive. but i dont have the word "doormat" written on my forehead, so there's no way im going to let that fat cow walk all over me. there are times her fangs and horns don't show, and then i feel like a like her, just a tiny ounce of likeness.. but the feeling goes away all too soon because her moments of her way of being nice don't last long.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Hahaha Fat Cow. I started referring to mine that way in my head.
    Anonymous

• lol anon. i wanted to be so much more explicit but fat cow was my way of censoring my true feelings for her! :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• From a distance. But at the same time respecting that my husband is her baby, and as much as I will try not to, I may feel the same way she does sometimes. I think as parents we never stop worrying about our kids and wanting nothing but the best for them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I didn't get along as well with my 1st MIL as I did my 2nd MIL and she died 4 yrs agoway to short and I didn't get to know her all that well. She lived 9oo miles away so I only visited 6 times before she died
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i will add though, i always put on a "happy face" whenever im forced to be around her though. that is, if my husband's around, and if she doesn't fly off at the mouth. there's no point in starting unnecessary drama, until it becomes necessary. i dont have to worry about it though, she doesn't come around much. her grandchildren aren't important to her, one of the biggest reasons i dislike her so.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2011