If you have a daughter 9 years or older, what does she like to read? I'm looking for ideas to surprise my own daughter with, she loves to read anything but I'm looking for new ideas!

Titles, authors (besides Judy Blume), series, anything - her birthday is next week and she's desperate for additions to her meager library!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My two oldest girls are 9, and 7, and they love the little house on pariare books,junie b junes, candy apple series, magic fairies series, icarly, box car children, baby sitters series, hanahh monata series, disney fairies series, magic tree house series, so has you can see they love to read as well and they enjoy them. My oldest is even reading some wanda and brunsteer from a christian book series and even a series called cul da sack kids. Can find at book stores or I get them from christian book distributors.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My niece is 10 and reads aliison noel books from the every more series
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• *ever more
    maxsmom11807

• Charlie and the Chocolate Factory- loved every page of it. More involved than the movies. Also, Mary Poppins is great. If she is into babies or looking forward to babysitting someday, look for Baby Island, which I loved about that age, about two tweens who get shipwrecked with three toddlers. Very sweet.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 5:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I just found one of my favorite books from when i was about that age on ebay recently! It was so fun to read it again! It's called Tall and Proud. It's about a little girl that gets polio, but her dad buys her a horse to help rehabilitate her. GREAT story!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thanks for a good start. She's already beyond the Junie B Jones & Little House on the Prairie, and things like that, but this definitely gives me a good start on stuff to look for.

I'll gladly take more ideas!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My 10yo enjoyed the Bunnicula books (vampire bunny...they're pretty funny).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My daughter is 14 now, but at that age her favorites were the Animal Ark series.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:11 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Anything by Margeret Petterson-Haddix, The Harry Potter series,
    Tfor2

Answer by Tfor2 at 11:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Chronicles of Narnia and the Harry Potter series are great to start at that age.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 10:34 AM on Jan. 8, 2011