My son has what looks like a yeast Infection on his neck....

its red and moist and stinky.... it gets a white slimy junk on it Ive tried drying it after he eats and putting a little baby powder on but nothing has helped... any ideas???

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 7:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Good luck. Everything you described is what my daughter had and it was a yeast infection. When I first noticed it I thought it was milk too but realized real quick it wasn't. I'm nosy about your pedi says so please update when you get a chance.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yuck, my daughter had the same thing. Her pedi gave me a free cream sample but I can't remember the damn name. I think it started with a V. Very expensive that's why she gave me the sample. Call you pedi.

Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Is it from the milk going down to his neck?

Put somthing there, dont let it get wet,

I would take him to the dr's asap...you dont want this to get infected

And what it sounds like is it...is a raw rubbing type of skin rash.
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• He as a Dr. Appt. Tomorrow..
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I will no worries
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Corn starch works wonders for these things...diaper rash too. Baby powder is not good to use.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 9:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• My 2 mo old daughter has the same thing, it got really bad and was in all of her creases. We tried
    everything over the counter and finally took her to the pediatrician. We tried several things before
    we found one that works. It's called Vusion and it is very expensive($110 for sm tube). They
    gave me samples cause my insurance wouldn't cover it. It's been 2 days and it's almost completely gone.
    bettycat

Answer by bettycat at 12:47 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My son went to the Doctors today and they gave me a percription for a cream... thank goodness he's on medicaid,... but they said it was a yeast infection so... Hopefully this will help... also the poor little guy got his shots today so... he not a happy baby right now... thanks for the help!!
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 9:13 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Your welcome and at least now you know what that yuck and smell was. Take care.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 12, 2008