This is for a friend. Did she have a miscarriage?

My friend is due at the end of july. She was having some cramping last night..and went to hospital. Hospital did an exam and she started bleeding after the exam. She has not passed a fetus through as the doctors told her she would. And, they supposedly did an ultrasound and found the baby in there. But, couldnt find the heartbeat. Mind you the baby is still very very small.

To me it doesnt sound like she had a miscarriage. She's still bleeding but it's off and on. And, she cant get into the doctors until monday. Im trying to help her. She said she doesnt feel as if she's lost the baby.

williams81209

Asked by williams81209 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• have her stay off her feet. keep her feet up at an angle. also plenty of water and fluids. no heavy lifting. i had a miscarrage in april 07 and then got pregnant with dd in jan 08. in mar 08 their was bleeding and cramping the docs said i was most likely losing this baby too. said go home and rest. hubby and family told me, lay down feet up rest and drink alot. it was hard to lay down all the time with a 1 yr old son but we managed it and in october 08 i gave birth to a girl. good luck
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 5:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If the couldn't detect a heartbeat and she's been bleeding she might have. The doctors she saw would know more then we would. She can always go to another ER and see if they say the same thing.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• sounds like she did....take it easy and go to the er tomorrow and tell them they will check her...
    niftymisty

Answer by niftymisty at 6:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thanks :D
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 6:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Sad to say but she may have miscarried i agree with the other ladies take her into the er just to be on the safe side
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She's about 8-10 weeks pregnant then? It sounds like she may be miscarrying. I say MAY because I have known a number of people who have had full term babies, but the doctors were unable to find the heartbeats early on and told the women they were miscarrying. False hope is really difficult, but if it were me, I'd take it easy and wait to see my regular doctor. You'd think the doctor would fit her in more quickly given the circumstances. Oh, and spotting does not necessarily mean a miscarriage.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had told her that bleeding doesnt mean she's gonna miscarry. and neither does pain.
    williams81209

Comment by williams81209 (original poster) at 7:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011