how can i get through a failed relationship

i was ingaged to my sons father we been together for 6 years and i thought we would spend the rest of our life together and i just found out he was cheating on me and i found explicit pictures and alought of texting and much more i am heartbroken and now i have to be a single mom i wish he would have thought about my son who lives with me now he wont have the family he deserves and i will be alone alll the time i dont haave any friends to lean on and family support is very little i feel so alone and i dont know what to do i been so depressed i tryed confronting him about it and he says its my fault and says im just crazy and insecure and noone will want somone like me but i have pictures im not crazy and he says thats what i get i cryed and he just coldly said its my fault and hung up im broken

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Well you've came to the right place. Cafemom is a great place to lean on. I'm so sorry. Just be happy you found out now then before you married the dog. Rememebr you are better off without him. I hope things get better for you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• you are not crazy
    you know that
    he broke this realtionship
    you know that
    he is a cheater
    you will be fine, just remeber why you two are not together
    when your heart remeber s the wonderfulthings and forgetsthe heart break, bring your head into the picture to remember what he did, how he treated you, he cheated AND blamed you
    not someone that you want to be with

i am in same boat, a few months further down the road, it gets easier
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• im sorry mama that your fiance treated you this way i know you are hurting right know but it will get better for you just worry about you & your child when the time is right you will find love again i hope it all works out for you mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Just take things one day at a time there are plenty of single mothers out there making things happen you can do it, the hurt will fade away remember god would never put you through anything he knew you couldnt handle STAY STRONG
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Maybe it will help if you remind yourself that although you thought you would spend the rest of your lives together, he probably never had that in mind. Maybe it will also help if you really concentrate on learning from this experience and vowing to never let it happen to you again. There are decent men who are looking for wives and families, but you have to be willing to be patient and wait for one of them to find you. Too many women are willing to settle for some dude, hoping he will hang around for the rest of their lives, only to end up like you--heartbroken and alone. Use this experience to strengthen your resolve to wait for as long as it takes for a man who is looking for a woman to love and who is worthy of your loving him in return. That will help to ease your pain.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Surround yourself with friends, take whatever time you need to heal. Your ex sounds like sucky person and you don't deserve the way he's treated you. When you start feeling better do things that make you happy and stay busy.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• next train.
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 8:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You will actually avoid a lot more heartache leaving this sorry loser. You will find much better around the next corner if you can think positive. It is sad but you have to move forward now and good for you for leaving. Now you need to be strong and put your chin back up for your child. It is good you got him out of that situation too. You will find friends and support, it is just going to take a lot of time and patience. I agree with myree85, you should do things that make you happy and stay busy.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 12:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Move on sweetheart and be glad of it.so much more awaits you out there.Everything is at your reach just reach,no man needs tread on you,just go forth and be a great mom,and be true to you!!I know its not easy,you are not alone!!Faith your way,i believe every woman has it in her to be as strong and beautiful as she is !!Hang in there,but go in there and show them what all you can do.!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:09 PM on Jan. 8, 2011