What's your definition of spirituality?

Just interested to see how a variety of people answer this question. For me, spirtuality, is recognizing your connectedness to the whole (the universe). And also recognizing the value of all life and the peace of living in the moment.

What is spirtuality to you?

moniquinha

Asked by moniquinha at 6:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Spirituality to me is living your life continually in touch with God.

Answer by Bmat at 6:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Spirituality for me is being at peace with the Universe. Feeling the "oneness" we all share in this life. Feeling the energy that surrounds us and allowing it to bring us the peace that we all seek.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• For me it's not religious based (not that it matters) and it's understanding reincarnation, why we are here to learn again and again to evolve, to love, to help others and know there is a bigger picture (the Source, Universe), living in the now as best we can, understanding others have their own path that they must fulfill, respecting that and not judging or controlling those around us. We're all on different spiritual planes (levels). Above all, love and light and power of the mind is infinite.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• To me, spirituality is the connection between you and the Divine...however you see it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• One's personal relationship and connection to the world around him/her, to his/her fellow man, to live, to the Divine (however It may be perceived, if at all).... :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• *to life, lol, sorry
    bandgeek521

• I think it's pretty similar to what you have above. It's definitely an inner path of self-exploration and realizing our interconnectedness with each other and our unity as part of the Universe. I also believe the Universe itself is equivalent to the concept of God.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• To me, spirituality is anything that people believe, rather than something they think / is proven. Knowing and realising you're connected to reality isn't spiritual, it's just the way things are.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I saw this question and have to share how my life has been transformed, not by church or religion but by God . "Seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you seek Him with all your heart and with all your soul." (Deuteronomy 4:29) God has an amazing plan for each of our lives for all those who love Him. Spirituality is that the God of the universe made you and knew you before you were born, he sent his son to die for our sins, and gives us the Holy Spirit to live in us and guide us every day when we believe. It is the most powerful spiritual experience in this world!

This link is an amazing video that really sums it all up! With Love, Shannon
    http://www.vimeo.com/18443303
    shannon51778

Answer by shannon51778 at 9:45 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Spirituality is your connection to universal energy.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011