Moving out of State or moving out your moms house?

So i am thinking about moving out of state i have two children how hard do you think it would be?

When did you move out your mothers house & was it hard for her to accept the fact that you wanted to leave? was she offended?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I have 3 grown sons. Although your mom may want you near, it's normal and healthy for you to build your own life. My oldest son is 3000 miles from me. Of course I miss him, but we communicate often, and I want for him to be able to live the life he wants without any guilt or regrets. If I hold him back, what will he miss out on??? I always look forward to seeing him and his calls, but most of all, I want him to have a happy life....I sure wouldn't want to be the one to ruin that.

So, make responsible decisions. Be prepared for your move so that your mom sees that you are ready to do it and take care of your kids, and she will adjust. Keep the lines of communication open, and let her see that you are happy.

Best wishes to you!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I lived out of state wit 2 kids and no help and yes it was hard but I got through it.
    I moved out after I turned 18, of coarse my family was pissed because they could no longer control me. I havent been back there since.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I was 17 and my father didn't care he was a drunk and was probably glad.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We move frequently because of dh's work. The hardest part (if you already have an employer) is building the new support system. I find my place of worship, the kids' schools and volunteer activity get me into the community and I meet great people with common values.
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I moved out of my mother's house and to a different state when I was 14. She was VERY offended and super pissed because at that time, I was moving in with my father (to get away from her). I moved out of my dad and stepmom's house on my 18th birthday. I wouldn't say they were offended, but they thought I was making the wrong choice, and they always wanted to feel they were right, even though they weren't. I moved out of state about two hours from them at 19, while our relationship was still tense. At 26, I moved across the country. Now that my father has accepted that I made the right choices for my life, our relationship is good, and he has retired here. I now live about 20 minutes away from my father, stepmother, and grandmother. I haven't seen or spoken my mother in several years.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011