tubes are tied but I think I'm pregnant..how?

My tubes were tied when my daughter was born. I have now been married 2 months and am showing signs. Dizzy, feel like I 'm going to throw up, mornings are the worst. I am craving baked potatos, am having major mood swings and my clothes are not fitting. I look 6 months along. Now I showed super early with my daughter. As in maternity clothes at 8 weeks. Now I have tested and the doctor tested me and it came out neg but I had 13 false neg with my daughter. I have an ultrasound set for the 14th but I need advice. Idk what to do. Oh, I'm also 3 weeks late. Please someone help!

Darasmommy

Asked by Darasmommy at 6:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have two cousins who were conceived after their mother's had their tubes tied. I have a friend who just had her 4th baby and he was conceived after her tubes were tied. I know it is not what you want to hear.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 6:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Even tubal ligation fails. It is only 99.9% effective. Or you may have an ectopic pregnancy. Nature can always find a way. Just hope it's not a tubal pregnancy. Good luck and here's hoping it's something else.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Alot of time if someone gets pregnant after a tubal it is an ectopic. I have an ectopic pregnancy and didnt have a positive urine test until I was a couple months along. They didnt know it was ectopic at that time, and my tube burst and I could have died. I would get into have an ultrasound asap to make sure if you are pregnant it is not ectopic. In the mean time keep an eye on things like pain on your side, and possible blood that is not like menstrual. Dizziness is also a sign of an ectopic. I personally would go to the ER but thats because I have been through it and it can be very very serious.

Answer by gemgem at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• There are other things that can cause that stuff. I have a hernia and ovarian cysts and have all the same things going on as you. Oh and my tubes are tied. It's highly unlikly if you got it donewithin two years that you are pregnant.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It is *possible* but not *probable*. Those same signs can be directly related to you stressing over the unknown. Including a 3 week late period! Good luck I hope you get the news you want to hear!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have been to the er and they dont know whats wrong but said they couldn't rule it out. The ultrasound is set for next friday. Soonest they could get me in. My tubes were tied 6 years ago :( I would be very happy to have another child but am scared of a tubal. We are looking into getting them untied anyways
    Darasmommy

Comment by Darasmommy (original poster) at 6:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• A tubal ligation is NOT 100% - it has the same failure rate as condoms. Best wishes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Having your tubes tied is never 100%. I have known a few woman get pregnant many years after tubes were tied. But also having your tubes tied can make you go through early menopause which could explain some of your symptoms. Just wait for your ultrasound and you will know for sure. Good luck.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Ok yall are scaring my because im getting my tubes tied after I have this baby lol! I hope I dont have any problems and I hope and wish you good luck with yours!!
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 2:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011