Have you ever found out about a dirty little family secret, as an adult?

What was is and how did you handle your new found info???

EX: I have a brother who was born in the same month and year that I was, we are 2 weeks apart, he was adopted by a family in Texas. I never knew my dad had another child and I have no clue about how to find him or even if I should, now thats a crazy one.

My grandmother was married 9 times, was not told until she died.

My mom had an affair with a married man and my father stayed with her.

These are some things I have learned as an adult....

WHAT A FAMILY!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• It's no secret but my mother was sleeping with my dad while he was married and she knew he was and didnt care. After they got married she went on to sleep with other married men.

One thing I did figure out and caught my dad on, my half brother (my dad and his ex wife) and my brother are 9 months apart. I know what my dad was doing or who he was doing while he's wife was ready to have his child
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have a few as well. Most of them I wish I had never found out, and some I needed to know, but wish that I had found out differently. I'm afraid I won't share them online, but I have tried to pretty much live my life as an open book. Secrets seem to make things dirtier, and more hurtful than they need to be.....

*hugs* to you, and good luck with the choices you have to make.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 6:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Before my parents were married,my mom got pregnant. My dad didn't want anymore kids and my mom didn't want to lose him,so she gave my sister Cassie up for adoption.
    Strangely they got married 18 months later and I was born 9 months after that
    They divorced when I was 2
    My mom refuses to find her
    My dad died in '89

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Within 4 months of my grandfather's death, my grandmother had four boyfriends she was seeing (and sleeping with). All of them were married at the time.

My grandmother tried to have my mother declared incompetent when she was pregnant with me, because she wanted to force my mother to have an abortion.

Three of my great-grandmother's brothers died under mysterious circumstances. We suspect they were murdered while bootlegging during Prohibition.

My paternal grandmother found out about my existence (my father had not told his parents my mom was pregnant!) when I was 5 years old. I ran up to her in a bowling alley while she was talking to my maternal grandmother.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• im 30 yrs old and found out the my mom's cousin is gay i was kinda shocked but think evrybody still don't know.
    strongnbrave

Answer by strongnbrave at 6:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My mom always told me when I was younger that she had gotten pregnant before me. It was always implied that she lost the baby. Well, after I had moved out on my own and gotten married, etc., she finally admitted to me that she had gotten pregnant before her and dad had married, and they had made the decision together to have an abortion because they couldn't provide for it. She was in college, and he was in the military. They were also living in two different states at the time they dated.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Though this was a known fact when I was a child, I have a little sister who was put up for adoption when she was born. No one had ever bothered looking for her. After about a year of looking, I found her :) Still haven't met in person but we talk and email and such.
    gabenmikeysmom

Answer by gabenmikeysmom at 6:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I found out after my grandmother died that her sister was really her mother. Her mother was not married so her parents adopted the baby. (so my grandmother's parents were really her grandparents) Have no info on her father at all. Also found out about 13 years ago I have a brother 1 1/2 years younger than me. My mother knew but her and my father went to counseling and stayed together. Of course, found out later my father comtinued to cheat on her. This all came out when my parents got a divorce. I would love to find my brother someday.
    Shell89

Answer by Shell89 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes my mother's father was married when he had an affair with my grandmother. But he wasn't black so when he found out about her he still denied her. So he died before my mother could ever know him. He denied her so she never admitted to at least wanting to know a lil about him. She had a pic and all she could tell was he was asian mix. But growing up she knew something was different about her father. She was raised primarily by her grandmother I don't know if it was because u could tell her and her siblings had different fathers or not. But they all get along now so. Its like everyone knows something but no one talks about it. Probably because my grandmother is gone now.
    True_Gator_77

Answer by True_Gator_77 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I found out at 40 yrs young that my dad is really my step dad and my real father died on my 20th birthday...in fact my grandmother slipped and told me on my 40th birthday and so now every year on my birthday I put flowers on his grave...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 9:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011