Shouldn't a Dr. ALWAYS ALWAYS where gloves?

So I took my daughter to the Doctors today because she was having pee problems and when the Dr. looked at her cooter and touched it to look he didn't put gloves on and it weirded me out..

LoLLiPoPm0m

Asked by LoLLiPoPm0m at 6:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No, a doctor does not need to > always < wear gloves, speaking from a medical assistant. BUT he DOES need to wear gloves when doing exams, as the one you mentioned. That is INSANE, and I would def. report that right away.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• WEAR gloves. WHERE did you go to school? COOTER? wow.....The word is 'pubic area'.....
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would have probably said something before I left the visit.Call administration and voice your concern, but use the words vaginal area instead of cooter, they may take you a little more seriously..
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Hmmmm. I agree, he should be wearing gloves for that exam. Go with your gut. : (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Actually Kerp...I believe the word is VAGINA.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 7:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Did you say anything to him?
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 6:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yeah I would report that, omg, no that wouldn't be okay by me.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 6:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would have been saying something... Ours doesnt always use gloves but he does when he'll be touching the mouth or the private areas
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• yeah, he should have been wearing gloves. That would not be OK wth me and I would definitely find a different doctor and see about reporting him.
    Tawneekitn

Answer by Tawneekitn at 6:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She was squirming and freaking out and I didn't even think about it till he was doing it and I got nervous and didn't say anything.I feel dumb but I wont be taking her back there.He only touched for a sec but it's still weird.My friends Doctor did the same thing to her boys.
    LoLLiPoPm0m

Comment by LoLLiPoPm0m (original poster) at 6:46 PM on Jan. 6, 2011