she wont stop crying.

My daughter is in her room in her crib and has been for about 30 min. She hasnt stoped crying since i pit her in there. She isntlosing her breath or anything there is breathing in between i can hear it. How much longer do i let her cry before i just put her in bed with me? she is 10m

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure she is okay, and changed first,

is she thristy?
    i would be after screaming and crying for 30 minutes,

Is she teething...make sure she doesnt have a fever,
    why dont you cuddle with her?
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Pedi says you can let them cry an hour.
    Anonymous

• try going in a comfortinf her every ten mins... then after abt another 1/2 hr to hr let her go to bed with u but each night try it a little longer and she might comfort herself... also is this the first time shes slept in her own room??
    apeclark2008

Answer by apeclark2008 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• no she normally has no problem going to sleep by herself unless daddy is here. then she cries til he goes in and gets her. but he isnt home and i have done every check to see if she was hungry or sick. or wet.
    Anonymous

• Well myself would be craving some water haha.
    if i were crying that long,...

And maybe she wants company,,
    Most kids at 13 months old dont like going to bed.
    when their not sleepy ....but maybe mommy she doesnt feel good...or just wants to be snuggled,

and of course she is spoiled ;o)

mine too
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 8:14 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Umm, 15 minutes ago. She needs you. I certainly dont enjoy crying myself to sleep. I dont think your little baby does either.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• She has learned to cry until you come get her. When you let the baby cry until you can't take it anymore and then go get her, she has effectively learned that "eventually" you will take her out of there and she doesn't really have to learn to put herself to sleep. Quietly check in on her every ten or so minutes, but leave her in there. Instruct your husband to leave her in there when he is home, she needs to learn how to put herself to sleep.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You should have never left her crying in the first place.
    What purpose does it serve?
    Of course she's learned that when she cries you come get her- that's what babies are SUPPOSED to do, and that is what mommies are SUPPOSED to do. There is no reason in the world NOT to, unless you're on the crapper.. But seriously, I can't see how you'd be on there for half an hour.. You might want to see a doctor for that..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• No, she doesn't need to "learn to put herself to sleep" through CIO, mommies need to learn how to do their jobs and TAKE CARE OF THEIR KIDS!!!!

Personally I dont' know a single adult who still needs their mother to rock them to sleep.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Liyoness--
    I wrote this at 8:02 I wrote my last response to it at 8:08..then i went to get her and put her in bed with me. That is why I didnt delete or close t because I went to get her.
    Do you really think that by the time you looked at this 2hours later that she would still be in there crying?
    Some moms do the CIO i dont that is why after about 10-15 i would normally go get her but I didnt this time it took a little longer so sue me. But like i said Some moms do the CIO just like some moms Breastfeed and some Formula feed or Some Home Birth and some birth without meds and some got straight for a c-sec. Dont tell moms what theyNEED TO DO because none of those things are HARMFULL to a baby. IT is just how that mother does things.

Anonymous