Speaking Free? Crossing the line? Totally Absurd? Your thoughts?

Volkmann, who is based out of Minnesota, told MMAFighting.com after his win over McKee that he wanted to face Obama because he disagreed with many of his policies.

After defeating McKee, Volkmann was asked who he would like to fight next. Volkmann first requested Clay Guida, then said “Actually, Obama. He’s not too bright … Someone needs to knock some sense into that idiot. I just don’t like what Barack is doing.” ..

.The Secret Service showed up both at his residence and during a youth wrestling camp he coaches. “This guy had the whole interview on a piece of paper and it had my picture and everything,” said Volkmann. “He was like ‘is this what you said?’ and I said, ‘yes it is.’ He’s like ‘I want to let you know I’m a little embarrassed for coming here and doing this because obviously nothing happened.’Secret Service actually apologized for coming, but he had to come. He wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to D.C to hurt the President.

“The thing is, I got home and I checked my e-mail and I had about 20 e-mails and one of them, one of ladies had actually contacted the FBI and the Secret Service, and she was telling me that she was going to do it.” The person who contacted Volkmann, according to the fighter, was a member of the election committee that worked for President Obama’s campaign.

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well it is free speaking but that's just crazy
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• lol....that is great. i love how they came to apologized. she how people over exaggerate things. i mean its an interview. what an idiot who contacted the fbi. lol
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 7:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• He just what everyone else is also saying!

It's scary we are not free to say what ever we want.

Why are giving up our freedoms so easily?

People like that women reminds me of the Nazi kids who told on their own parents.

gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My bio dad worked for Boeing in Wichita, Kansas when Clinton was President. He was working on Air Force One when he made a comment about how furious he was Clinton was our next President. The Secret Service took him to a room and interviewed him for hours then interviewed his supervisors and co workers. He didn't make any threats just voiced while working his frustration over our newly elected President. They let him go back to work after sufficiently embarrassing him.

Anonymous

• Wow crazy and a waste of resources
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 7:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You can say you don't like the job the president is doing, but you can't say you want to knock some sense into him. That will get you a whole bunch of new friends. My cousin worked with the Secret Service during the daddy Bush Administration. She was a psychiatrist who analysed letters and phone messages to determine if someone needed a visit.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't think it is a good idea to say something threatening about ANY President.....remember that we have had assasinations in our country's history so the FBI and any Intelligence people are extremely cautious when people start going nuts like that Volkman guy did. I mean, where is it acceptable to want to punch anyone? "Knock some sense into him"....not the classiest thing to say. What an idiot.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 7:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I wonder if the idjit who reported it heard him say it or only saw a transcript of it written somewhere later. Tone says a lot. While it's possible he sounded angry when he said it, more likely he said it sarcastically - something that would be totally lost with the written word. Not saying that justifies her sending it - more like it should've been her clue to hear the actual interview as it was spoken. If that's the standard, it's amazing every late night talk show host in the country doesn't get a weekly secret service visit.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Tattle tales are so annoying.

zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I LOVE that Volkmann OWNED what he said!!! LOL "Yeah I said it, and...????" Priceless! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2011