Trophy wives

What is your opinion? Good, bad, degrading?

Sunshine0406

Asked by Sunshine0406 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Degrading that's for sure but they choose to be that way. Their may be good one and bad ones out there.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• What is considered a trophy wife? Age? I think that most men regardless of age should view their wives as trophies! :) I am 17 years younger than my husband but people think that we are only about 5 years apart. If you're truly in love it shouldn't matter the age and if you are one of them don't let people make you feel bad about your relationship.
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 7:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My hubby had better call me a trophy wife! Smart, majorly hot, and uber awesome. :D

I am not going to judge someone for marrying just for __(fill in the blank)__. If you marry for money, you'll pay everyday for it. If you marry just for looks... well, don't expect it to last forever. If you marry for the sex, I hope you have lots of lube, and if you marry for status... well, hope you don't trip and fall.

I would hope that when somone actually gets married, it's because they love each other. Could they be delusional? Sure-- but aren't we all when we're in love?

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I live next door to one and she is pretty nice! I think they are women who probably take exceptional care of themselves and the man appreciates it.
    As for me, I always wanted to be that pretty, but I think it takes too much work.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• "I am not going to judge someone for marrying just for __(fill in the blank)__. If you marry for money, you'll pay everyday for it. If you marry just for looks... well, don't expect it to last forever. If you marry for the sex, I hope you have lots of lube, and if you marry for status... well, hope you don't trip and fall. "

couldnt have said it better myself
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 11:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Degrading!! I am a partner not a trophy!!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:54 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• depends... if i were only looks to someone they could f off. My husband is my friend. Besides there is always someone prettier. so looks are all a guy wants then he should stick to porno. But if hes grown up enough to want a real partner then ready to find a woman....trophy ? yah thats degrading term. It seems that would mean not willing to look past the cover of the book.
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 1:19 AM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Thank-you ladies for your opinions. I saw this on an episode of Lifetimes Wife Swap. I wanted to see your thoughts on the subject.
    Sunshine0406

Comment by Sunshine0406 (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Jan. 11, 2011

• Degrading for you.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:24 PM on Feb. 28, 2011