Does anyone have kids in a magnet school?

All my kids want to go to a magnet school next year. I hve found plenty of info on each school but there are alot of things that worry me about it also.

Do any of you have experience and advice for me, especially in the Clark County School District?

Triscuit

Asked by Triscuit at 7:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm in California, but 2 of my sons went to a magnet school, if I can help I will.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Send me a private message... WHAT IS A MAGNET SCHOOL???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Lol yeah. What is a magnet school?
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 11:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• From the feedback I have gotten on facebook not everyone has magnet schools in there area. I thought for sure everyone knew what they are. They are a public schools that specialize in certain subjects along with the regular everyday ones. Here in Vegas they have a couple of elementary, about 6 middle schools and 8 or so high schools. For instance my daughter wants to go to Bridger Academy of Math, Science and Technology or Knudson Academy of Creative Arts, Language and Technology. You do have to apply to go there with only a certain number of seats available so they usually accept the students with the highest grades. Worst part is that they can be far away and the students must be there at 7...earlier then other schools.
    Triscuit

Comment by Triscuit (original poster) at 10:58 PM on Jan. 9, 2011