does evreyone of you have black line in your belly? some one know why is this line ?

ANAKLETA

Asked by ANAKLETA at 7:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not everyone gets it. It is called Linea Nigra. It get darker in pregnancy due to hormones. Generally within 2 yrs of delivery the line lightens again completley. Wiomen with dark skin tones are more likely to develope it.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Are you talking about the line that sometimes forms from the belly button down...when you are pregnant? That doesn't always happen to every pregnant girl but it does happen often...and it goes away.
    Cochise

Answer by Cochise at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I Do! It goes away soon after I deliver and starts showing up around 10 weeks.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I never got it either.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• * By darker skin tones I don't mean just women of color. My sister has a very olive undertone to her skin. She always gets linea Nigra. I am pasty white, red hair, green eyes..I couldn't get one if I wanted it to save my life :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I had a light brown line when I was pregnant and it faded away after a few years. It is gone completely now.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Never had it at all. But it is caused by hormone fluctuations and surges.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• linea nigra itll go away a few weeks after birth.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 8:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I got it with my first but not with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I never got that with any of my 5. I'm also a blue-eyed blond, and my mother didn't get it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2011