what do you over spend on?

clothes
shoes
food
??
for mme i over spend on food- i always have to make sure my house is stocked up "just in case" we are BIG snackers here- the preschooler and the toddler are in this snacking phase. and baby E hasnt started eating foods yet thank god.
growing up we always had food in the house but there wasnt much quick n easy foods , unless it was bought solely for my dad and dad didnt share snacks. so i vowd to always keep snacks around and items that i could cost on in those events where i couldnt get to the store or we got snowed in etc etc. so ill admit i over spend on food. for a sinlge month ill probally spend 500 bucks on food with or without daddy here. *Family of 4 right now soon to be 5 when daddy gets home*

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 7:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Shopping

• I too must have an overly full fridge and pantry. I think it stems from my years as a single mom, when I could barely make ends meet.
    I also hoard non-parishable foods, laundry soap, shampoo etc. I make good money especially in the summer, so I buy household items every week and stockpile them...weird huh.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• MY KIDS... I am inclined to spend if it involves soemthing for my kids
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• food and clothes for my daughter. Everything looks cute on her so it's hard to not buy everything for her. I'm trying to be better about it though and spend my money on something more useful or save it.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Always Food.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• For me, Food and sadly its mostly fast food!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm like you. groceries. I spent almost $400 on for groceries today....just to stock up. It's ridiculous. We're a family of four.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 7:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Food and my kids...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• eating out at restaurants

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• we only eat out once a paycheck im not a fan of eating out anymore since ive been diagnoised with thyroid problems i have issues with eating food and it coming right back up or out so we eat at home alot!
    sandraberke

Comment by sandraberke (original poster) at 7:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Nothing. My mistakes are often in the opposite direction. I grew up during the Bosnian conflict and we often went without. I fear not having enough money to care for my family, especially since my husband's death in August. I rarely spend on anything that isn't absolutely necessary and am always very careful with money.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 7:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2011