Yummy Quick EASY VEGAN recipes please?!?!

I need a few Yummy Quick EASY VEGAN recipes please? We are in the process of adopting and our daughters Social Worker is coming from out of state to visit and she is Vegan! I would love to have some good recipes to fix while she is with us so she isn't stuck eating salads during her visit! Thank you so much!!!

TiffyTaffy79

Asked by TiffyTaffy79 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Send me a message offlist; these boxes are much too small. Let me know if anyone has food allergies or sensitivities, strong likes or dislikes, and if you have a slowcooker. You might discover that you enjoy vegan meals, and be on the road to a healthier lifestyle!!

Answer by rkoloms at 10:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I love when my vegan friend makes me french toast with coconut milk and apple juice instead of with eggs and cow's milk! she makes it on Rudi's organic gluten free bread. i live with 3 vegans and they LOVE kale-extremely healthy and they make chips a pregnancy must for me right now),salads,sandwichs out of it.I eat tofu curry and raisin salad alot,it's simple to make but i usually buy it from Whole Foods.I'm not sure what dressing they use so i can;t give you directions but if a whole foods is available i suggest you get it. tonight she made hummus with chick peas and purple onion but any hummus can be made vegan. have coconut milk,sea salt, and organic toppings available.
    mmm i love scrambled tofu,it tastes like scrambled eggs. get extra firm tofu and drain it.fry some cut vegetables like onions,bell peppers,spinach or kale and add the tofu. scramble it just like eggs and add a small amount of turmeric for color
    CaitWillowNBaby

Answer by CaitWillowNBaby at 2:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i forgot to add-many Indian dishes are vegan! they are simple too and you can always find alternative ingedients if you want to make a dessert like cookies,brownies or cakes.
    CaitWillowNBaby

Answer by CaitWillowNBaby at 2:35 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• One of my favorites:
    1 cup couscous
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt or to taste
    1 to 1-1/4 cups water
    1-3/4 cups black beans or 1 (15-ounce) can
    1 cup corn kernels
    1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
    1 jalapeno, minced
    3 Tablespoons roasted garlic olive oil
    3 to 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice

Place couscous, cumin, and salt in a large heatproof bowl or storage container and pour 1 cup boiling water on top. Cover tightly and let sit until all the liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes. If the couscous is not quite tender, add an additional 1/4 cup of boiling water, cover, and let sit for a few minutes longer. Fluff up with a fork.

Toss in the black beans, corn, red onion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Mix in the olive oil and enough lime juice to give the salad a puckery edge. Serve warm or at room temperature.
    Groovyflor1

Answer by Groovyflor1 at 10:36 AM on Jan. 7, 2011