can leaking amniotic fluid while pregnant cause serious longterm growth problems for the baby?

ok. I've been sick for idk how long. didn't really notice until I guess 3 years ago. idk. doctors didn't know anything until just a few days ago. they believe I've been sick all this time with a growth problem. my family had never really taken care of me right so obviously I end up finding out something once I'm pregnant. unbelieveable? it sucks.

ok so doctors think it might be a genetic disorder. but my mom is finally telling me some past history. she says she leaked amniotic fluid while pregnant with me.

does anyone know if her leaking amniotic fluid can cause long term growth problems?

cuz my mom says she doesn't know of any genetic growth problems in our family so I'm wondering if it's because she leaked. I really need to know. I'm in trouble with my growth problem because if I don't get on medicine soon for the right problem, it could be an awful risk for me and my baby. my insides are being strangled by my own body and once the baby gets alot bigger it's gonna be a helluva lot worse. it already seems worse enough since I started with this pregnancy. the good news is that getting pregnant saved my life cuz it got me eating again. bad news is that I'm at limits here. I love my baby and I don't wanna lose it. so could someone answer my question above if you know the answer? please help me

TeliaTontay

Asked by TeliaTontay at 8:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• It really depends on how much was leaking and at what rate it was being replaced, but yeah it's possible.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011