Has anyone ever gotten pregnant on the depo shot?

DaniMarie6

Asked by DaniMarie6 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Personally, no. But I know a few people who have. Not to mention it makes you gain a lot of weight, so i've been told.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes. I got the shot and then a 6 weeks later I found out I was 4 weeks pregnant. It was my first time using BC and I get pregnant off of it....
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have heard of some people getting pregnant, the odds are very low, but they do ask that you use a condom for the first 2 weeks because it needs to "kick into effect"
    But no, not me...but you can feel pregnant because of the side effects of the shot, which is freaking annoying and mind boggling.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 8:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have & i gained allot of weight i dont like depo
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i did with dd
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 8:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Lol alright...it's just they don't test you when you go in to get your next shot....had my 2nd shot end of November and I've just been wondering because I've literally been sick to my stomach for a month now and it's driving me insane. It would be unhealthy for me to be pregnant because of back problems I have...I'm actively looking into adoption actually and very upset that I can't have my own. I'd brave through the pregnancy of course but would be so terrified the whole time that something could be wrong because of the depo shot. I'm sure I'm not though...like you said...the shot gives symptoms of pregnancy.
    DaniMarie6

Comment by DaniMarie6 (original poster) at 8:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I am now on my third shot, and they have tested me at every visit, they're not supposed to give you more BC without testing you to see if you are by chance pregnant!? HM, I dont like the shot, but it is the lesser evil of my options!? Good luck though, I hope everything works out the way you want it to!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• YEP!! We were using the shot, condoms, spermicide and ovulation kits. That boy was just meant to come!!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 1:51 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I haven't, but I have a friend who did. Yeah, she was pretty shocked.
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 5:37 PM on Jan. 12, 2011