Disneyland...

I want to take my 3 1/2 year old DS to Disneyland. I have a lot of people telling me there's not a lot for a 3yo to do. Is that true? Considering it's Disneyland I would have thought they'd have a lot for kids to do.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Travel

• They have plenty of rides for the little ones...My only thing is at that age will they remember...Plus its alot of walking, long lines and heat...I waiting until mine where 8 and 10 they had a great time and still talk about it...
    sam223

Answer by sam223 at 8:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We've been, and it was really very tiring for my girls when they were very small. At 5, they're still plenty young enough to enjoy the magic but also old enough not to be worn out, over stimulated, over tired, and all of that. Judging by my experience, I'd definitely say that under 5 is too young - and also too young to remember it!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 8:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I dunno about Disneyland but my TWO year old had a BLAST at Disney World. We stayed for 4 days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They have the haunted mansion, dumbo's flight, a merry go round, rodger rabbit ride, a little roller coaster for the kids, and that's all I can remember for now, but they have a few more. And the parents can go on all these rides with their children.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 8:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You could take him to a water park. My son LOVES those places. We started taking him at a year and a half. Of course he is a water bug. They had several rides and attractions for little ones.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Are you local? If not, then if your going to spend the cash to come to California I vote for Leggo land. I also vote for Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. Knotts has more kiddie rides then Disney. I would wait a year or two on Disney, just cause its elementary school aged based. I grew up in So Cal and I know Disney like the back of my hand,,lol
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yeah I kind of thought he'd be to young too, but I'm going to be visiting family in California and they're excited to take us there. I was hoping it might be worth all that money. Plus my DS loves anything Disney.
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Well, if your going to be here visiting family and they want to go with, then its probably more about the expierence you will all share together instead of the touristy thing. Im sure the family would love to just hang out with you guys in Disney. I know we love to bring family to Disney also when they come to visit. Now if you where just coming here alone, then I would say maybe no,,But if you are coming for a, " family experience", with your relatives here, then I say go for it...

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 8:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• He won't get to ride most of the rides but they do have a section just for tots. He would love it, seeing all his favorite characters and Mickey's house! You can always take lots of pictures and take him back when he's a little older to so he can get the full effect.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 8:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011