Kids' names

How did you all go about picking your kids name? Did you go for creative, unique, family names...?

I went with family names.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Baby Names

• Laine Paul after bass player I crushed on since I was 13. Damien Constantine after the leper priest and my grampi, Ivy Elizabeth Joy fisrt 2 names my dh and I just loved, Joy after my mom
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 1:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We went with unique yet not unheard names. Nothing in the top 300. DS Carl Padaric and DD Quinn Cameron.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I PICKED JAZMYN FOR THAT BEAUTIFUL PERFUME FLOWER BEAUTIFUL.SHE IS LIKE A FLOWER,CALM AND ALWAYS PRETTY
    mwood108

Answer by mwood108 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Our first son's name was a name I chose from a list my husband made of ones that he liked. We had a horrible time agreeing on names, so I told him "Make a list and I'll choose the one I like". That's how we came about Gabriel.

Our daughter's name was the name he was adament about since the beginning. A name that was too traditional for me, but after a while it grew on me. I am glad that we chose Hannah for her name.

Our second son, who is due hopefully very soon, will be named Elijah. It was the only name that my husband and I could agree on. The only name I could get my husband to even mention after nearly nine months of asking him his choices. Ha!

The middle names are all family names. Raymond (For Gabriel) after my dad's first name. Jean (For Hannah) after my mom's middle name. And David (For Elijah) after DH's dad's first name.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• She was named after 2 great grandparents. Evelyn, after my grandma, and Monique, after dh's grandma. We loved both names from the start, and when we put them together, it just fit so perfectly.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 9:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• We picked Steven for my DS's first name because the foster family he lived with called him "SergieMan" and we thought Steven was the closest name we could think of that sounded like that--so that he wouldn't be totally confused what with all the other adjustments he would need to make. For his middle name, we took my dad's first name of Jacob.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 11:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• family names are good.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Joseph Charles...after ex hubby
    Emily Taylor. Emily from a character in a book I love, Taylor is my moms maiden name.
    Hope Allison. Hope I just loved, and Allison...a form of my moms first name, Alice
    William Carl after current DH
    Jack Augustus. Jack is my mothers brother who died as an infant, and Augustus is my Great Grandpa's middle name.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• one was a family name...another was a character name of someone who represented the morals of the daughter i hoped to raise....another was a randomly chosen traditional but uncommon name...the only common thread i wanted among all the names I chose was that they were older names so that they would not be common at all.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I always swore I wouldn't use unique names because I have a unique name and HATED it growing up because I could never find things with my name on it (Audra). But when I got pregnant, I picked the name Titus for our son. I don't think I ever had a theme in mind though, I just picked what felt right and haven't regretted it a single day of my son's life. :)
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:57 AM on Jan. 8, 2011