Potty Training.. I'm out of ideas

My daughter is 23 months old. We have used the potty before several times but we stopped. Now I've started potty training her again. Today I think we sat on the potty pretty much the whole day and she wont use it. She will sit on that potty for 40+ minutes and as soon as I put a diaper on her she pee's in it within two minutes of having it on. What works? I see there is a eBook called 3 day potty training but i have no money to go out and buy a book. Does anyone know of any good methods to try? We played in the bathroom, read, sang. If anyone knows anything please answer me!!!!

lovinmyKNP

Asked by lovinmyKNP at 8:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What we tried with my granddaughter that worked really well was to get those Kan-do wipes. They are for "big kids", not babies. We made a big deal out of taking her to buy them, letting her hold them, and told her she could only use them if she went potty in the big girl potty. She was so excited about not using baby wipes, she cooperated, and we had her done in a few weeks.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• try a sticker chart my daughter did the same thing, she was completly potty trained, than she got a bladder infection and started going backwards.. we are just starting the sticker chart up again to get her to stop peeing the bed every time she goes potty she gets a sticker. when she gets a acheivable amout of stickers she goes to the dollar store and gets a toy.. start at with 4 stickers for a toy or candy..
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I will probably get voted down- but we used candy-they got a piece when they actually went, and both my kids were done the first time we tried potty training with each and each one was done within 2 weeks
    we did not use pull-ups or diapers either. only regular underwear

*not saying candy is best, but it worked!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Oh and make sure she's ready...
    my daughter was barely 2 and my son was about 2 1/2
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Children usually can't begin to train till 2 yrs. She's just getting there. If you stress so will she. Make it fun & don't ever let her see you get mad about it. Take a day or two break from it. When she goes....cheer and clap and praise her like crazy!!!
    babiesandkids

Answer by babiesandkids at 10:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011