What is your motivation?

I've been trying to loss weight and eat healther. But soemtimes I just have no motivation. It's hard not being able to drive and go to the park or such with the kids. I try to be active but I find myself sitting at the comptuer the whole time my yougest is napping.

I really don't have a set plan for eating or working out. Maybe thats part of the issue.

How do you stay motivated to your plan? Or just motivated to anything.

red_head_mommy2

Asked by red_head_mommy2 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• First of all .. You have to make sure that this is for YOU and only YOU. If you're doing this weight loss for someone else then you're not going to be successful. Secondly, making a plan and having a goal does help. It helps even more to strive for something more then your ultimate goal. Like if you set smaller goals in between your weight now and your ultimate goal then you might find it easier to be successful. "If I lose 20 lbs by March I will treat myself to a new hair style." (For example) Sometimes having a big goal in the future can be intimidating and almost makes you feel inferior. Third ... Motivation is a state of mind. Telling yourself "I don't have any motivation today" is an excuse, not a justified reason. Motivation is something you create, not something that just appears. You have to push yourself, you have to talk yourself out of the excuses and into the workout. Believe in your goal and yourself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• when my youngest used to nap at the beggining i used to do the same thing, i would sit on the computer and just play games and what nots but, one day idecided to find workout videos on youtube and workout and little by little i started not only doing them but also loosing weight and all while my baby napped. all you have to do is instead of sitting on the computer just go and turn that tv on find work out videos, put some clothes that will get you in the mood to work out and soon you'll be on your way! good luck!
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 9:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Both previous replies are really good advice.

Motivation was hard for me...other than hating being fat....there were times I really, REALLY didn't feel like working out. I had to literally FORCE myself to do it. Usually, after about 10 minutes in, I'd start getting into it and was glad I'd forced myself. I started hanging on to that..."If I just get up and DO it, in 10 minutes I'll be happier for it"......that's what KEPT me motivated =)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I just want to be healthy and look good.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:15 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Join an online work out or diet group.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:00 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Lately my motivation is in short supply. Sometimes I just have to get tough with myself and say "get up and do something!!!" and I always feel so much better after I do. Having a friend to help you stay accountable is a good thing too.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 5:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Right now my health is my motivation.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 10:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I like to keep a visual reminder of what I am working towards. Like a picture of an outfit I want or a former photo of myself.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• maybe reward yourself? Like if you work out 3x a week you will treat yourself to a pedicure or something along those lines.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I had clothes that I bought that I thought I would fit in and didn't. They were what I use to get where I want to be. By summer, I want to be in them. I even took a picture of the outfit setting out so I can look at it on my phone.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:07 PM on Jan. 10, 2011