do u ever get good stuff at yard sales? alot of the stuff i see is junk. what is the coolest item u've ever bought at a yard sale?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i find good stuff. i try not to get involved in getting the junk.
    i wouldn't say it is the "coolest" thing i've ever gotten, but the best deal i ever got was a nearly brand new carpet steam cleaner for only $10. i was weary to buy it because maybe it would be broken, but the lady said it just didn't pick up the dog hair like she thought it would (she had 5 dogs!). i got it home and it works perfect!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 8:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I don't really do yard sales but I hit the thrift shops, Goodwill, and flea markets. One of my fave finds was a little Louis Vuitton purse. There is a lot of wading through the junk to find the gems, but it's worth. I feel like a treasure hunter.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 1:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Oh YEAH! But, it seems like for every good find, you have to wade through about 10 junk sales!! LOL! I've gotten so many cool things! But, I had good training. As a child, my grandmother was an antique dealer and used to wake me up at 5:00 AM to go to garage sales with her. It was the best times! She taught me a lot about antiques, but I sure wish I knew more!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• LOVE garage sales!
    I try to go when i can but i havent been in forever. Luckily we live not far from an upper scale neighborhood and u can find some really good deals.
    Not sure what my best deal would be....ive bought name brand clothes, end tables, pictures....lots of stuff. I dont "do" junk.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I LOVE garage sales especially for the kids toys and books :-)
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 10:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2011