Anyone considering adoption..if so I'm curious about your reasons...

Just trying to understand all the reasons women decide adoption is what's best for them. I'm not hating...in fact I think it is a wonderful gift. Just curious is all :-)

DaniMarie6

Asked by DaniMarie6 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I placed my baby over 11 years ago. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it, I knew I woudln't be able to be the parent she needed. It took me a while to come to that decision, and I've never regretted it. I went through an agency, picked my family, and we have an open adoption so I get to see her as much or little as I want, among other things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I was adopted when I was four days old and also gave up my first-born to a loving family when I was 18. Being on both sides of that fence, I know what an incredible thing adoption is. My husband and I have four children and after we lost our twin pregnancy last year, we have been seriously considering adoption. I also have some good friends that are adopted as well as my late uncle. I know the blessings it brings and would love to continue that on with adding to our family. Besides, there are so many older children that no one seems to want nor care about. I do adoption counseling for birth mothers and adoptive families, too, on a volunteer basis. It's amazing to see the process work coming from my background.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 1:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Never dealt with adoption but i think its a wonderful thing. I wish more people would actually adopt.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 10:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2011