TTC Help!

So we have been TTC since July of 2010... not too long but I'm still frustrated since we had no problem getting pregnant with our 2 y.o DD ... I am irregular cycle and do not ovulate every month.. I have been seen by a doctor and do not have any complications as far as we know right now.. i think that we're just not BD at the right times.. I bought a 20 day ovulation kit last night along with 3 pregnancy test and now i think we're going to BD every other day until it happens lol.. but I also purchased prenatal vitamins because someone told me to take them they help??? is this true? and if I', not pregnant will they hurt me with too much vitamins? thanks for the help! :)

Nichole71010

Asked by Nichole71010 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• ONLY THING I COULD THINK OF TO TELL YOU DONT TRY SO HARD LET NATURE TAKE ITS COIURSE
    19angie74

Answer by 19angie74 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Read Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and check out FertilityFriend.com. They're great charting resources and can get you started down that route, which is the best way to tell for sure when you're fertile and when you've ovulated. My cycles have always been irregular, but charting has helped to the point where I can now tell with certainty when I ovulate and when my period's going to start (my reason for doing it right now, since I don't want more kids).

And prenatal vitamins do not help with fertility; they give you the nutrients you need to make you healthier and thus in a better position to conceive, if that makes sense. Along the same lines as losing weight can help if you're overweight, or gaining if you're underweight. It also makes sure your baby gets what it needs in the early weeks of pregnancy when those vitamins are essential to development.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I have to say from my own eperience that when you are trying it's always harder to concieve! My 1st 3 children were not "planned" we were not trying, but also not preventing...so if it happened, it was fine...if not that was fine too...but after the 1st 3 babies being boys I wanted to give it another shot to see if we could have a girl. The want to have another baby got in the way of being spontanious and having fun. After 4 months we finally got pregnant but that was only after we stopped trying and just let things happen...if they were going to happen. It's so hard when you want another child so badly, but I would just say keep a mental note of when you are suppose to oveulate and have fun trying to get to where you want to be... if you will, keeping in mind also not to have sex more than every other day so hubby's sperm count stays high. Good luck! : )
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Carrots, bananas, figs, and pomegranates. As far as herbs Cumin and Dong Quai. Vitamin wise you need Vitamins C, E, B6, manganese, selenium,and zinc. These will regulate your cycles and boost fertility.

Men should get Vitamins E, B12, manganses selenium, zinc and essential fatty acids. Fatty acids are found in seeds like pumpkin,sesame,sunflower, and linseed. You can also find them in nuts and oily fish such as tuna mackrel, herring, and salmon. The EFA's make quality sperm with good mobility.

Good Luck!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011