Is there a way to deal with post partum depression with OUT using medication?

It's affecting my milk supply and when I stop taking the pills I am BLAH. And my daughter won't take anything else. She doesn't wont even drink breast milk out of the bottle.

mommyofemeli

Asked by mommyofemeli at 9:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• You can try taken fish oil the highest level you can get, and change your diet. I had it too, and it does take a little bit of time to get over it, but you can do. Check out any nature store in your area, and ask the people their, if there is anything else you can take. I had a few others I took, but I can't remember.

Good luck, and I hope you can over come it, and you are doing a GREAT JOB with feeding your daughter.
    pandermom

Answer by pandermom at 9:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Don't forget exercise, as long as you're cleared by your Dr. (not sure how old your baby is). The lack of sleep, the freaked out hormones, the stress of a new baby...it can all add up. Put the baby in the stroller and go for a walk at the park, or the mall, if the weather is bad. I agree, you are doing a GREAT JOB!!! Don't forget that when you BF, your body releases endorphins, so keep it up!

JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• High potency vitamins and exercise. I don't kow if it will help but it's a suggestion.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 9:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I use a Super B complex vitamin, a woman's vitamin along with keeping active around the house. I was taking SamE (30 vitamins at the time) along with the vitamins but where I used to buy it, they now are selling 15 of Sam E for $30 so I'm sticking with the B complex and the woman's vitamins and housework.
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thank You SO much. I really appreciate your answers and will try these and see if it helps.
    mommyofemeli

Comment by mommyofemeli (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011