hot baths

what does real hot baths do> cause u to dilate more? not like SO hot it burns theskin but farely hot

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• burns you and raises your body temperature which if that gets too high it fries your brain and the baby's
    Anonymous

• they have never helped me out. i take a bath a day and have always everytime im preg. but it has never helped speed things up. i know my doctor told me that i shouldnt take baths after you get so far along because you water might brake. but me personlly i think that you would be able to feel water coming out of you because it would be a differant temp than what the bath water would be. just like if you peed youirself in the bath tub. but like i said it has never helped speed things along fo me, but they are relaxing, and sometimes if you just relaxe and get your mind off trying to get the baby out, it will happen sooner.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 8:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I did not take hot baths but showers and my girls are fine. I take really hot showers to where i will give myself first degree burns, just turning the skin red for about ten min at the most. when i was pregnant i toned it down some but not a whole lot.
    firedragoneyes

Answer by firedragoneyes at 8:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• http://www.babycenter.com/406_is-it-safe-to-take-hot-baths-while-im-pregnant_1245313.bc

http://www.babyminestore.com/infoTakingaHotBath.html

As long as it's under 100 degrees it is okay. Above is a few web-sites to tell you why and all that jazz. They also have these toy rubber duckies that can tell you if the water is too hot or not. They should have them at wal-mart or target or any place like that. I know how you feel though! When your back aches and your feet ache and basically your whole body aches, nothing helps like a nice hot bath!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The baby cannot regulate it's body temptaure while it is inside of you. If you overheat the baby it can cause brain damage.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am almost 38 weeks and i have been taking hot baths for a few weeks now...baby is doing fine and so am i...if it gets too warm i just turn on the cold water and let it run to make a luke warm bath. You dont want to boil the baby though and it is possible, babys cant regulate their temps, thats up to you so dont over do the hot...I wont lie to you though, even after all these baths im still haing trouble dilating so im not sure its a promising way to accomplish that but its a wonderful stress reducer and something you will pretty much have to give up when the baby is born...take advantage now!
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 1:55 AM on Nov. 12, 2008