How Do I get my 3 year old to stop whining???

From the minute she wakes up in the morning until the time she goes to bed she whines. She will have short periods of time through-out the daywhen she is fine, but 90% of the day she whines. She is being sassy with me and telling me NO... So how do I stop her from doing this and how do I stop myself from going insane because I have tried time-out, I have tried taking her favorite boots away, I have popped her in her mouth, (when she said no) I am finding my self getting frustrated because I dont know how to stop her from doing this. I am asuming that she is getting this from her daycare, HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amber0022

Asked by Amber0022 at 9:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Stay strong mama. Have you tried telling her you wont respond to her wants/needs until she can ask you in a nice way? (And really mean it- dont back down or cave in) If you have to walk away or put her in her room until she gets it, then so be it. Put your foot down now before it gets worse. Good luck. (*Hugs*)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Thank you mrsmom110 now that I think about it I feel like I could have been a little bit more sturn or not given in so easily on some occasions, Its just really hard and exhausting, I have a 1 year old little boy as well. I have never really thought that parenting was HARD, I mean ya we all go through those moments when we are tired and have been woken up 10 times in the night and just want to sleep, ( that was expected) but recently I have sat down a few times and said to myself "Wow, This is getting hard" I notice my patience is waering and I really dont want to be a mean grumpy mom, I want to do this and still be able to smile and have poise... Am I aiming too high???
    Amber0022

Comment by Amber0022 (original poster) at 9:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Not unless you have some wine in the house!! LOL I know, I think they dont tell us the whole story on purpose. Havent your parents ever wished a child just like you- on you someday! I know mine did. You're in for the long haul my dear & it only gets harder- just wait for the teen years! You can say hello Miss Clairol & Calgon & to your favorite clerk at the liquor store?! *Hugs* :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• when she whines, tell her you don't respond to whiny kids, then if she keeps doing it, ignore her, she'll get the point.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 1:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011