how can i get back in shape and be happy with myself

i try working out i just have a vary hard time doing it

jack90

Asked by jack90 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• start slow if you do too much then you are more likely to quit.
    Anonymous

• Try a variety of exercises and you wont be bored w/ your workouts. They say any exercise releases endorphines that make us feel good. Good luck :) (*If all else fails, try a glass of wine-lol)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• ZUMBA my co worker got me hooked i signed up for a membership at the ymca so we would excercise and go play in the pool..you can also go to a gym and they have zumba for the ps3 move and wii its awsome it teaches you dance and how to feel good even with the videogame you break a sweat.. ITS ALSO FUN
    kyiahsmommy

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• working out is boring!

Have you tried the Wii with its' FIT and ACTIVE games? Just Dance 2 is also fun!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:33 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• im gonna try the games and see how they work out thank s lol
    jack90

Comment by jack90 (original poster) at 8:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You've got to find an exercise routine that you like and will stick with. For me, it's the Turbo Jam series most of the time, and I do a lot of walking and running (5+ miles) when the weather is nice. There are many options you can consider to put together a routine that will keep you coming back for more; you just have to figure out what your workout style is and commit to sticking with it. And to be blunt, THAT is the bottom line: your commitment to fitness and health. I'm so committed to it that if I had to just walk up and down my stairs all day, that's what I'd do because my drive to be in shape and feel good and healthy is so strong. When you stop making excuses, you'll start making progress. Good luck to you.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:25 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• thank you vicesix im going to do this for my health
    jack90

Comment by jack90 (original poster) at 8:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• way to go

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:24 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Healthier eating habits, routine exercise, and addressing any other issues which may be weighing (pun not intended) on you, mentally, other than your weight...

Good luck!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Good luck! I think the best way to start is to look at what you're eating. Cut out processed foods, white breads, etc. Then light exercise, like walking daily.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 10:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2011