Help what should i do???

So my son is in prescool & has recently started this acting like a baby phase he has a speech problem so it is already hard for us to understand him but now he is talking like a baby & boy does it piss me off!!! and i just dont know what to do i tried the ignore it & just let it go that didnt help he i doing it more and more........

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Don't get mad, people! Tell your kid in a nice voice that he needs to talk like a big boy or you can't help him! My DS does it too once in a while, usually when he's playing - I don't get mad at him, it doens't help the situation at all! I say "___, how old are you? Are you a big boy or a baby? You need to talk like a big boy, okay? Thank you!" and he's good. The more you get mad at him for doing it, the more he's going to do it!

• I would keep correcting him and telling him he's a big boy and not a baby.

Answer by genagina at 9:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• When he startes acting like a baby let him know that behaving in that manner wont get a response. Dont completely ignore him, Our children need to know that they are loved. be patient with him and stay strong, Work with him on behaving like a "big kid" he will come around,

Answer by Amber0022 at 9:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my daughter did that and i would ignore her and sometimes she would want to do big girl stuff and i told her that its for big girls not babies and she would have to go to daycare and then when she got home i threatend her with nap time and milk no desert because babys cant have desert and babys have to take naps.. she stopped real quick

Answer by kyiahsmommy at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Perhaps in his mind he feels that if he talks and acts like a baby, he will go back to being at home in the trusted company of his family. I think this is just a way for him to gain back his comfort zone.

Answer by Serendipitydoo at 9:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I guess that could be it but he only has a half of day 7:45 to 10:30 & he loves going to school

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• my son does the same thing talks like a baby... hes 4 and hes been doing it since he was 3 i get mad too...

Answer by kris8525 at 11:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2011