Prometrium

Has anyone had to take Prometrium during pregnancy? If so...side effects, outcome, any other helpful knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I have had several miscarriages and this is my first try with prometrium so I was just curious.

KStone516

Asked by KStone516 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I used prometrium during my last pregnancy. I had to healthy pregnancies, two miscarriages and then my last pregnancy. I was prescribed the suppository form, twice daily from 6 weeks to 14 weeks of my pregnancy. The only real side effects was a lot of discharge, sorry TMI, but pantyliners helped keep that under control. At 14 weeks, the placenta takes over hormone production and my pregnancy progressed normally. Our son was born a healthy 8lbs 11oz, and 12 days late! Good luck and hope this info helps!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• *two, sorry!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i used progestrone supptotries this time to prevent misscarriage ive had 2, i had very bad side affects but it seemed to have worked so far everythings good
    brookesmama0230

Answer by brookesmama0230 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• While you may feel that was TMI people definately should be told that. Gross haha. Thank you for both of you answers. So far it seems to be working well. I am heading into the doc now for an ultrasound so fingers crossed it keeps going well.
    KStone516

Comment by KStone516 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Jan. 7, 2011