I have two girls 15 and 9 years old.And 7 year old triplet boys.In this past year I left my husband because he was an alcoholic.Then this June he passed away.The kids and I are in counseling to deal with all that we've been through.But the hitting and fighting has increased between the triplets and their 9 year old sister.Nothing I do seems to help.Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this to stop?

onmyown5

Asked by onmyown5 at 8:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• First of all, I am so sorry for all that you've been through! I mean to survive triplets for 7 years is a feat in it's own! =) ((HUGS)) You said the fighting was between the trips and their sister? Are they ganging up on her, or are they fighting each other too? IF they are ganging up, I am thinking they are trying to increase their bond....A common enemy always unites others for some reason... If they are all fighting this could still be one of the reasons, they may pick a sibling to be their Alli for the time being. I know you said you already have them in counseling, but when my FIL died my BIL was 10 and we found a place called Soleus House (sp) it was in KC but their may be one where you live. It did help with his behavior problems while he was going, I think it gave him an outlet and he could be with kids who understood what he was going through! Sorry this was so long! =)

Punkin6498

Answer by Punkin6498 at 9:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Thank you for the hugs Punkin.No the trips aren't ganging up on their sister.All including their sister are fighting one on one against each other.They hit or push each other over the littlest things.She took my pencil or I was sitting there.And often tell each other "I hate you".I know they have alot of anger over what they've been through,not just in this past year but from living with an alcoholic father.I've tried several things like taking things away such as toys or playing outside,I've sat down and explained that you don't treat anyone that way and given them other ideas for handling their anger.It's an every day thing that starts as soon as they wake up till they leave for school and starts again as soon as they walk in the door after.It's driving me nuts and really stresses me out.I'm living in a small town now and don't have many services near by.But thanks for your suggestion : )
    onmyown5

Answer by onmyown5 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008