How can my DH get his teeth fixed????? Answers please

When my DH was was 18 his uncle who was a dentist got him and his sister braces, after a year of them being on his uncle stopped paying for them And he couldn't afford to keep them taken care of, 2 years went by and his braces started eating a tooth away it developed a cavity, so he ended up taken them off one night with pliers , he still has the cement on his teeth and the cavity is pretty bad We can't afford to pay 100o plus to get it all fixed and cleaned is there any programs out there that we can apply for? We live in Florida btw thanks for any help ( sorry if there are typos I'm on my phone and can't really see what I'm typing )

SammiGirl07

Asked by SammiGirl07 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Health

• In the hospital they have clinics. You can try there.
    Anonymous

• I know here we have dental schools. They are much cheaper then the normal dental visit. Try calling some hospitals or Health depts in your area, hopefully they can guide you in the right direction. Good Luck ~
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Have you checked out any dental schools? They will usually do work for a discounted price or even for free.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 10:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Kinda ironic, we just got back from a free clinic. I would say call around and see if anyone (dhs, hospitals, dental offices, etc) in your area has information for you that could lead you to a free clinic.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Care credit credit cards have really low monthly payments & he could get the work he needs to get done
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Where do you live? Here in Arkansas we have Harmoney Health. They take care of people who fall between the cracks. Ones who make too much for medicaid but don't have private insurance.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• There should be local free clinics and if there is a dental school they have programs.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm in FL also. The community colleges usually have a sliding scale program, the health dept could also give you a list of contacts. There is a statewide event that does free dental care around Valentines day.
    http://smileflorida.org/access/pdc.html
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 5:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011