Does your older child help your younger child with their homework while you are busy doing stuff around the house?

Today my dh and I were painting the living room and my dd had homework to be done I asked my son if he could help his sister with it since he is in the 4 and she is in the 2.
They looked so cute together...I loved that moment.

Butterfly1108

Asked by Butterfly1108 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not a chance! My oldest would LOVE to feel like the boss, but my youngest will not tolerate her kind of 'help'. Then there would be screaming and slapping, then I would be yelling at them......so not worth it to me, lol. But if the two of them could get along for a moment, I would really enjoy it.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• They have in the past. Usually I have to keep the older 2 (in 5th and 3rd) from practically doing the younger one's homework (in 2nd). But if I'm busy (I usually start cooking dinner at 4pm which is when they get home) and the 2nd grader needs help I'll ask one of the older kids to help her along.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Yes he does and I am soooo grateful for that. Ever since Kinder he would always come home and share what he learned and try to teach his brothers.
    My 2nd oldest was very withdrawn and dh and I even had him repeat Kinder because we felt he didnt grasp anything. His 2nd year in Kinder my oldest really came through for him. Even when I helped with homework they would still talk about it and discuss it.

My 2nd oldest is now quite the little chatterbox, he's determined to know everything and yes I feel my oldest hand a big hand in that.
    He's my little big man!!
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 5:32 AM on Jan. 7, 2011