How far along were you before you saw a doctor/midwife for the first time?

I found out I was pregnant right before Thanksgiving. I am now about 15 weeks along. Due to trying to figure out insurance and the holidays and working I just now made my first doctors appointment. Anyone else wait this long to get seen?

lstrickland

Asked by lstrickland at 10:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• We were at an Air Force base and the clinic wouldn't see us until we had missed at least two periods and then they would do a pregnancy test before making an appointmemt. . That was back in the 1960's.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• technically, i was about 3 wks...i went in for an ultrasound, because the gyno felt something, and immediately asked if i was pregnant. ''of course not!!'', i screamed. he ordered the US, anyway, and viola! the first OB visit was about 10wks.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• no....i always went as soon as i found out i was pregnant. if it makes you feel better they always scheduled my first 'official' ob cycle appointment at 12 weeks, but the earlier appointment is to set a due date and get all of that testing done beforehand. so you're not that far behind once you catch up on your bloodwork.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Both times I was about 8 weeks
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'm only 23 and my first pregnancy was pretty so healthy so I'm not too worried about it. My mom is a nurse and has been keeping an eye on my blood pressure.
    lstrickland

Comment by lstrickland (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 5 weeks, got to see my lil speck for the first time...Loved it though. I thought I was having pain, turned out I was stressed
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I was about 10 weeks.
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 10:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 20 weeks the first time and 15 the second time. I refused to use the Dr's and hospital in my town bc they're horrible so I had to wait both times bc the Dr I used was really good an had a lot of patients. I had no problems with either pregnancy so it was no big deal.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 10:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 8 weeks the first time, 13 weeks the second.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• 12WKS
    TamlynM2B

Answer by TamlynM2B at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011