help!!

my 5mnth old baby was nursing and started to fall asleep..all of a sudden he started shaking ,his arms and his head mostly not like shivering,but like actually shaking..has thys happend to u? he wasnt breathing weird or any thing..it scared me so much! it ionly lasted a few seconds but i have never experienced this b4 im nervous now. please let me know if you have ever experienced this...ok im editing this,i mean he wasnt breathing weird like he was breathing normal not weird breathing.his breathing sounded perfectly fine

babymamma123

Asked by babymamma123 at 10:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok...I JUST took my daughter last week to the doctors because this exact same thing happened to me!!! These are the questions the doc asked me...
    is his eyes rolled back in his head?
    do you wake him right up when this happens and he wakes up fast? if yes then more thank likely it's not a seizure, you can NOT wake them out of a seizure..
    Does he act groggy after words- if yes possible seizure if no then not a seizure
    ...
    My daughter done this for like 2 weeks randomly then it stopped, she also turned 5 months when this started happening... Doc wasn't worried becuase it didn't sound like a seizure he thinks it's more like nerves not fully developed just see if he wakes up as soon as you grab his arm or say his name if yes it is more than likely nerves if he doesn't wake up take him to the doc right away.. Either way you should call your doc so they can give you better advice! good luck!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• sounds to me like a seizure. You need to call the doc, I don't want to worry you, but the sooner you get attention, the better.
    charlottej

Answer by charlottej at 10:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• If he was just falling asleep it could have just been his nerves settling down. You know how when you first start to fall asleep, sometimes your hands or legs will jump...I don't have any experience with this, but it sounds like that's what it could have been from your description. I would mention it at his next checkup just to be safe.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You need to take him right away. It does sound like a seizure and not breathing isnt a good thing
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• mommyof two, she said his breathing was normal.
    but i agree with kword....my middle kid used to do wierd things like that. he would shake his arm, and still does sometimes lol. that's what i think of anyway.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Just call an on call nurse and ask them what they think it could have been and tell u what u may need to do...some of these women on here will make u worry your head off by the things they may "assume" it is.
    mzQ

Answer by mzQ at 10:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Maybe he was just shivering
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• My son would do that right when I thought he was asleep! He would open his eyes just a little then fall right back to sleep. I think he was trying to fight going to bed, but if you have concerns contact your pediatrician. If your a first time Mom...your going to be nervous about so many things.
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• doesn't sound like something to mess around with, I don't know what a baby seizure looks like but I would definalty call the dr. now if I were you! GL
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• it waqs way weird to be shivering..i have one child already..i have never seen this b4..i looked it up on babycenter.com to see if there was anything on there,apparently alot of people have experienced this ..i read alot of comments from others that had the same eperience,i am going to take him to the dr. in the morning as soon as they open just to make sure everything is ok. thank you all
    babymamma123

Comment by babymamma123 (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2011