Am I wrong?

For expecting my son's father to call and check on him or to call and see how his day is goin or see how his day went EVERYDAY? My son is only one yr old. his dad call once a week to speak to him. Am i wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. How sad on his part. "hugs"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• No, not wrong you just want him involved, does he get to visit?
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 10:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Once a week is better than some get. Be glad that he is communicating at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Considering a one year old can't really "talk" to him perhaps you are expecting a bit too much. You can't make him do what he doesn't want to or force additional interest if it's not there. Or like I initially said perhaps it is because he can't really talk to him and it will hopefully improve as the child gets older and can communicate more and better with his dad.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 10:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You're only wrong if Dad is deployed or incarcerated.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I won't say you are wrong per se. But, I do think it is a bit much for a 1yr old. I'm sure the conversation is pretty one-sided at this point. At least the father is making the effort to communicate once a week. As the child gets older and has more to say, to report and talk about, then 2 or 3 times a week would be good. Does the father have any visitation? If so, there is a lot of communication to be had between the 2 of them at that time.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• yes he goes to stay with his dad one week each month. I call EVERYDAY when he is away from me to see how his day went, I could not imagine not checking on my child everday.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• In all honesty, that's kind of the difference between us moms and dads. And, again, your son is only a year old.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• You are by no means wrong. My dd is 4 and her dad calls maybe once a month. He is in the Army and is out of the country but he sits at a desk most days and you would think he could get a quick second to call.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• not wrong at all. I think at 1yr it wouldnt HAVE to be every day but I def. would make sure it was!! Could you give some hints about what dad could talk with your son about. Like what he did that day so dad could talk and about his day. yes I understand your son is only 1 but he can still be involved just a few mins. a day. it's not like he has to be on the phone for hrs. just a quick 2 min phone call wouldn't hurt him and would let the little guy know daddy is still there and loves me!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 12:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2011