as the saying goes you can't always have

what i have or always share..
do you always get your kid/kids something to eat if you are in the drivethru at mcdonalds or burgerking ect....
you know the times where you just need a drink? and the kids are like i want this and i want..... do you always give in.... even though you know you just feed your kids or your on your way home to give them dinner?

justgg

Asked by justgg at 8:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• lol...after hearing a car full of begging children, the kind of "drink" I am looking for isn't served at a drive-thru...lol. I have gone thru just for drinks before a trip out of town or something, but I know better than to think I'm going to make it out of there with something just for myself. Come to think of it, I don't think I make it out of anywhere with something only for myself lol.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• sorry but I don't go through a drive-thru just for a drink...

Anonymous

• Nope. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit. I am perfectly alright telling my boys that no, momma is getting a fries and a drink and we will make something for you when we get home. Whiners and beggars don't get anything at all. If I have to hear it from you it doesn't make me want to do anything for you, so don't go there, or you will go to your room instead when we get home.
    Kestrel1

Answer by Kestrel1 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Why not??? Yeah I can never begin to convince myself that I am just grabbing me a drink and him not get something....that's just wrong!!!!
    tagable

Answer by tagable at 1:27 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I was raised that it is rude to eat or drink in front of others without offering them some. So that just rolled over into my own parenting style...I would include them or not get something for myself.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:51 PM on Nov. 12, 2008