how would you feel if someone said this to you

How would you feel if a lactation consultant told you "good moms breast feed" and they said this to you after you talked to them about switching to formula

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would probably feel pretty crappy but then I would try and remeber that that is not true at all! A good mom does what is best for their baby which sometimes is formula! Do not feel bad about switching over to formula, you are the momma do what is right for you and baby! :)
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 10:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would feel insulted.
    TamlynM2B

Answer by TamlynM2B at 10:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut! Rude!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 10:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'd feel like punching them in the face. I've felt that way before when one said virtually the same thing to me after I had my oldest son.
    I had gestational high blood pressure, and one of the side effects was I didn't produce milk.
    Talk about a high-riding jerkhole, to go out of her way to make me feel even worse about myself. And that was me using very extremely G-Rated terms for the woman.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 10:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would ignore them. Just because they think they know it all doesnt mean they do.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 10:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• Id wanna mouth off to that person! formula fed babies develop and grow just fine! I only had the patience to breastfeed my twins for 2 months. give yourself kudos for even attempting to breastfeed it can be a lot harder than it looks
    My2boys0523

Answer by My2boys0523 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I would question their credibility. And I'm a HUGE breastfeeding advocate. You just don't say that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• It would make me feel bad but many Bf'ing consultants are advocates of BF'ing. they need to be understanding and not judge. you are the mother and you can make the choice.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• i personal dislike LC! i saw 4 different ones in hopes to get my dd to latch right and she was a lazy sucker! anyways i asked them all about Exclusively pumping and they all said no u cant do it ur milk wont last a month! in the end i EP and ive been doing it for almost a year and have never used a drop of formula! so HAHA to the LC i saw! i would b very upset if they told me that! its not my fault she couldnt latch or suck right!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2011

• I'd think that is a great answer. I am a great advocate of truth speaking even in the face of not being popular.politically correct/ or feeling aware

look I failed BF with my 1st kid and to this day I feel like a failure-- that little feeling its called my conscious I did not do what in my heart and most Mother hearts was the right thing to do....
    the fact that you went to see a consutant tells you you know its the right thing to do you are paying her for her ACCURATE advice not her ability to be politically correct
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2011